[ubuntu-us-nm] Home networking gear

Eric Krieger grammatoncleric at ubuntu.com
Fri May 16 23:49:53 BST 2008

I'm a big fan of the Cisco 3750G line but if you don't have $10-20K there's
the Netgear GS108.  It's a tad cheaper at $62.  =P

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122111

Eric

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 12:43 PM, <DThomas at metrocourt.state.nm.us> wrote:

> This is a darn good question, what is a good switch for home use that is
> Linux friendly but cost friendly too.
>

>  *Chris Brotherton <chris at protonlab.net>*
> Sent by: ubuntu-us-nm-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> 05/16/2008 12:39 PM
> ubuntu-us-nm at lists.ubuntu.com
>  cc
>   Subject
> [ubuntu-us-nm] Home networking gear
>

> My linksys switch died last night and I need a new one.  I am looking for 8
> ports, GigE, and support for jumbo frames.  Does anyone have a
> recommendation?
> I noticed that a lot of switches use broadcom chips.  Given broadcom's
> attitude towards linux, I would prefer a switch that uses somebody else's
> chips (however, a broadcom chip is not a deal breaker).
>
> Chris.

Eric Krieger

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do.
There can be no courage unless you're scared."
-Edward Vernon Rickenbacker