[ubuntu-us-nm] Sound Card recommendations?

Eric Krieger unmlobo at gmail.com
Tue May 13 20:14:08 BST 2008

Taking a different tack... I'm going to replace my motherboard with one that
has an integrated sound card with SPDIF ports...

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L

http://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/productimage/13-128-059-03.jpg

Eric

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Eric Krieger <unmlobo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Several things.  One I'd like to pick up a new speaker set for my home
> office....
>
> Speakers:
> http://tinyurl.com/5zpeax
>
> Home Office:
> http://tinyurl.com/5fe9ys
>
> ...which requires SPDIF (optical or coax) out for connectivity to the
> speaker control...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6xu3kd
>
> Secondly,  I'd like to connect my xobox 360 to theses new speakers.
> I've purchased the vga connector, to allow me to connect it to my LCD
> monitor, for the xbox which includes a SPDIF (optical) connector which I
> would either connect to the SPDIF on the speaker controller or the SPDIF
> input on the sound card.
>
> Or I may go the route of connecting an old DA333ES amp I have and using
> some old Boston Acoustic HD5 speakers that I have and mount them on the
> walls. Connecting the SPDIF port of the sound card and xbox to the
> amp.
>
> Eric
>
> On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 09:46 -0600, Chris Brotherton wrote:
> > Sorry, I don't have any recommendations, but I am curious what you have
> > planned for it.
> >
> > Chris.
> >
> > On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 09:10:22AM -0600, Eric Krieger wrote:
> > > I'm on the hunt for a good linux ready low profile sound card that has
> that has SPDIF in and out. our at least SPDIF out.  Any recommendations?
> > >
> > > - Eric

> > > Eric J. Krieger
> > > email: unmlobo at gmail.com
> > >

> > > Random Quote:
> > >
> > > "In times of crisis, it is of utmost importance
> > > not to lose one's head"
> > >         -M. Antoinette
> > >
> > > Sat May 10 09:09:40 MDT 2008
> > > 09:09:40 up 3:09, 1 user, load average: 0.21, 0.27, 0.21
> > > #1 SMP Thu Apr 10 13:23:42 UTC 2008 GNU/Linux
> > >

> > > --

Eric Krieger

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do.
There can be no courage unless you're scared."
-Edward Vernon Rickenbacker