[ubuntu-us-nm] Sound Card recommendations?

Eric Krieger unmlobo at gmail.com
Sat May 10 19:02:34 BST 2008

Several things.  One I'd like to pick up a new speaker set for my home
office....

Speakers:
http://tinyurl.com/5zpeax

Home Office:
http://tinyurl.com/5fe9ys

...which requires SPDIF (optical or coax) out for connectivity to the
speaker control...

http://tinyurl.com/6xu3kd

Secondly,  I'd like to connect my xobox 360 to theses new speakers.
I've purchased the vga connector, to allow me to connect it to my LCD
monitor, for the xbox which includes a SPDIF (optical) connector which I
would either connect to the SPDIF on the speaker controller or the SPDIF
input on the sound card.

Or I may go the route of connecting an old DA333ES amp I have and using
some old Boston Acoustic HD5 speakers that I have and mount them on the
walls. Connecting the SPDIF port of the sound card and xbox to the
amp.

Eric