[ubuntu-us-nm] [MVLUG] Computer makers push device builders for Linux-compatible hardware

Eric Krieger unmlobo at gmail.com
Sat May 3 12:34:52 BST 2008

I think that the Vista debacle has pushed everyone to realize that
Microsoft has lost touch with the end user and corporations.   The one
thing that I read recently that correlates that Microsoft has lost touch
with hardware manufactures is even through chip manufactures are making
better, faster, more efficient chips bloat in Microsoft products makes
the money spent on these new chips seem no faster then the old ones.
Basically nullifying the reason for spending the monies to upgrade
hardware.  With that word is getting around that there is no reason to
spend money upgrading hardware, software, or for the time being OS. Lets
not even discuss our current economic dilemmas ahead of us all now.
I'm sure that sales heading for a down turn.   Remember what happened
with digital audio and the RIAA. It started with a whisper then turned
into a defying roar before the RIAA knew how to respond or how to change
their business model.  Once the end user had a taste of audio freedom
there was no going back...

Eric