[ubuntu-us-nm] Stuff moving around

Leif Gregory ldgregory69 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 16:26:09 BST 2008

Just wondering if I'm the only one with this problem.

There are a few things that just seem to move around of their own
volition each time I log into my machine.

I use GDesklets for some system monitoring and I've modified the source
code on a few of them to consolidate functionality. But even before I
did that, this problem existed.

For instance, sometimes the Gdesklets (about five of them showing) show
up right where they're supposed to, sometimes all of them stack up in
the left corner of the screen, and sometimes, just one or two don't
make it into the right place.

If it was just the GDesklets, I would attribute it to that app, but
sometimes my logout, shutdown button moves from the far right of the
top panel to the left. Sometimes it's just to the left of the
time/date, sometimes it's two or three places to the left.

It's not really a big deal, but it's irritating to have to move things
into their proper place after logging in.

--
Leif Gregory
Power Wagon Registry:  http://powerwagonregistry.org