[ubuntu-us-nm] Face to Face

Eric Krieger unmlobo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 21:56:29 GMT 2008

I would recommend using bridge mode for your VM unless you have
something really unique that you are trying to do (like hide your vm
behind your linux box, have limited number of IP addresses, etc.).
Using NATed mode binds your VM(s) to use the IP address of your linux
box to access network resources.  Kind of think of like a
router/firewall to the internet. Bridged mode would give your VM it's
own IP address on what ever network you connect your linux box NIC
to.

Eric