[Ubuntu-US-NM] Open-source developers command up to 40 percent premium:

Tina Caton tincatz at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 22:08:49 GMT 2008

 Open-source developers command up to 40 percent premium:

 The rise of open source software in application development puts developers with a specialization in those technologies in a position to ask for a 30 or 40 percent pay increase

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9882356-7.html
http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9882356-16.html?tag=blg.orig

Report: Open Source Adoption Increases App Dev Pay:
http://www.crn.com/it-channel/206900235

                                                                                                                                                                                     Loye Young
                                                                                     commented on Mar 6, 2008 11:29:32 PM

                                                                      I own Isaac & Young Computer Company (http://www.iycc.biz). I work with developers every day, and I am actively recruiting talent. I can assure you that the numbers in the Bluewolf report are not in any way far-fetched. An efficient, experienced, open-source developer can make six figures a year. One of the reasons is that open-source developers tend to be comparatively more self-disciplined, rigorous, dedicated, and cost-effective. Unfortunately, there aren't enough open source developers to go around, so most of us have to cull the pool for talent, do the training in-house, and hope the youngsters are fast learners.

http://akamai.infoworld.com/event/osbc/08/IFW_OSBC_01-25-08.mp3

Tina C.
;- ) tincatz at yahoo.com

“Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.” --Timothy Leary