[Ubuntu-US-NM] Time to Virtualize

Andrew Parker andrew at source3.com
Wed Mar 5 19:23:06 GMT 2008

Thanks Eric.  And I would like your support when the time comes.

Purchasing VM Workstation is a non-issue.  I also qualify for the
educational discount.

I have two USB drives.  One is for incremental back-ups.  The other one
contains an image of my Windows system.  I also have Restore CDs created
from the ThinkVantage suite.

I am not sure if I want to tranfer my existing Windows set-up; its time
to do my yearly spring cleaning.  And the existing Windows system has
all of the ThinkVantage stuff which slows the OS down and takes up
space.  I am thinking of doing a minimal Windows  XP install in the  VM.

Lastly, if I do capture my current system as a VM, will the MBR be
copied as well?  I want to do away with my dual boot.

Andrew Parker
Source3 Computing
505-350-5535
www.source3.com