[Ubuntu-US-NM] FreeNAS vs. Nexenta?

Tina Caton tincatz at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 18:15:48 GMT 2008

Eric - just curious - what are the pros and cons:

FreeNAS vs. Nexenta?

My understanding is that Nexenta will do snapshots - ZFS.
Cool thing is that the platform is OpenSolaris but environment is Ubuntu
Just a thought. (This is a Todd question by the way.)

http://www.linux.com/feature/57628
http://www.pramnos.com/story69-2391.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexenta_OS
http://www.tummy.com/journals/entries/jafo_20060717_123009