[Ubuntu-US-NM] help with my linux

DThomas at metrocourt.state.nm.us DThomas at metrocourt.state.nm.us
Wed Jan 2 17:05:35 GMT 2008

Eric, your mind is a sponge

Eric Krieger <unmlobo at gmail.com>
Sent by: ubuntu-us-nm-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
01/02/2008 09:49 AM
Please respond to
Ubuntu US-New Mexico Team <ubuntu-us-nm at lists.ubuntu.com>

cc

Subject
Re: [Ubuntu-US-NM] help with my linux

ndisgtk is in the universe repos. To enable the Universe repos go to...

System -> Administration -> Synaptic Package Manager -> Settings ->
Repositories

Make sure that there is a check next to..

"Community-maintained Open Source software"

Once this is checked click "CLOSE" then click the "RELOAD" button.

After the reload finishes click search and do a search for
"ndisgtk" (without the quotes).

Now click on the box next to ndisgtk and select "Mark for Installation"

Lastly click the "apply" button.

Hope this helps..

Eric

On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 12:04 -0600, Jimmy Turner wrote:
> Hi i'm a complete newb I have ubuntu 7.10 on my other computer. I cant
> seem to get the internet to work.
> I can't even get my wireless thing to show up on the computer. Its a
> 2Wire usb wireless receiver.
> Where it says
>

> Ubuntu supports a system known as NDISWrapper. This allows you to use
> a Windows wireless device driver under Ubuntu.
>
>      1. Obtain the Windows Driver for your system and locate the file
>         that ends with .inf.
>
>      2. Install ndisgtk (System ? Administration ? Synaptic Package
>         Manager).
>
>      3. Open ndisgtk (System ? Administration ? Windows Wireless
>         Drivers ).
>
>      4. Select Install new driver.
>
>      5. Choose the location of your Windows .inf file and click
>         Install.
>
>      6. Click OK.
>
> in the help forums i cant find ndisgtk in the synaptic thing. I am
> totally lost and have no IDEA what to do. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

- Eric

Eric J. Krieger
email: unmlobo at gmail.com

Random Quote:

"I'll worry about it tomorrow"
         -S. O'Hara

Wed Jan 2 09:16:34 MST 2008
#1 SMP Tue Dec 18 08:02:57 UTC 2007 GNU/Linux