[Ubuntu-US-NM] help with my linux

DThomas at metrocourt.state.nm.us DThomas at metrocourt.state.nm.us
Wed Jan 2 13:55:01 GMT 2008

Do you have a regular network card in this computer?

"Jimmy Turner" <paintball.champion at gmail.com>
Sent by: ubuntu-us-nm-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
12/29/2007 11:04 AM
Please respond to
Ubuntu US-New Mexico Team <ubuntu-us-nm at lists.ubuntu.com>

ubuntu-us-nm at lists.ubuntu.com
cc

Subject
[Ubuntu-US-NM] help with my linux

Hi i'm a complete newb I have ubuntu 7.10 on my other computer. I cant
seem to get the internet to work.
I can't even get my wireless thing to show up on the computer. Its a 2Wire
usb wireless receiver.
Where it says
Ubuntu supports a system known as NDISWrapper. This allows you to use a
Windows wireless device driver under Ubuntu.
1.      Obtain the Windows Driver for your system and locate the file that
ends with .inf.
2.      Install ndisgtk (System → Administration → Synaptic Package
Manager ).
3.      Open ndisgtk (System → Administration → Windows Wireless Drivers
).
4.      Select Install new driver.
5.      Choose the location of your Windows .inf file and click Install.
6.      Click OK.
in the help forums i cant find ndisgtk in the synaptic thing. I am totally
lost and have no IDEA what to do. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!