[Ubuntu-US-NM] Endorphin Power Company (EPC) Computer Lab Install

Michael F. Rimbert mrimbert at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 25 02:25:19 GMT 2008

NM Ubuntu LoCo,

Today is a proud day for our Ubuntu local community, and hopefully for
the Endorphin Power Company.  Thank you all for your efforts and
support in today's install at the EPC computer lab.  We encountered a
few hardware issues along the way, but left at the end of the day
having successfully installed and configured six workstations.  A
special thanks to Eric Krieger for leading the project for our team,
and for all of his dedication and efforts to see the project through
to success.

And this is only the beginning!  Today's success gives us a solid
foundation upon which to build in the future.  There is much left to
be done to get the lab fully setup as we have planned, and future
projects include the networking and installation of all the computers
in the residents' rooms, the EPC intranet and associated server
applications, and the internet kiosks in the cafe.  Additionally,
we'll be holding regular meetings at EPC, and will soon be going
through the Ubuntu Desktop Course (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Training)
in a series of classes to be held at EPC.  New projects continue to be
discussed, and will be more fully developed as our involvement grows.

Ubuntu is an African word meaning 'Humanity to others', or 'I am what
I am because of who we all are'.  We worked very well together as a
team today, and put the ubuntu spirit into action.  I very much look
forward to our future projects together.  Congratulations on a job
well done!

--
Michael F. Rimbert
NM Ubuntu LoCo