[Ubuntu-US-NM] EPC suggestion

Joe Pfeiffer joseph at pfeifferfamily.net
Tue Feb 19 15:39:17 GMT 2008

Running a cache is good -- but use apt-cacher.  apt-proxy is one of
those projects that decided to do a complete rewrite for version 2,
and never really got traction again.  I was running it for a while,
and had a lot of frustration with the proxy failing to track changes
in the the Python 'twisted' framework.

I've found that with minimal configuration apt-cacher 'just works',
and sits quietly on one of my machines serving .debs to the others.
It also has a nice web-based traffic report facility.