[Ubuntu-US-NM] Got a request to help

Michael Lowery micklskot at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 01:49:27 GMT 2008

Thanks for the help.  I'm working 12's right now, but I'll go after it on Thursday.  Thanks again for the info.

Mike

w robbi <wlrobbi at gmail.com> wrote: Sorry for the delay,

For the nvidia driver install, you will need to get networking going first.  After you get networking going... Open the Synaptic Package Manager and under settings select repositories  unselect the cdrom and check all the "Downloadable from the internet" selections.   You can then download the correct drivers.

Atheros - this is the simplest instructions for your card I can find.  It seems to be up to date.   7.10 method that seems to be what you need to get your wireless running.
http://quilombo.wordpress.com/2008/01/09/atheros-ar5006eg-in-ubuntu-710-gutsy-gibbon/

Interesting information.
http://madwifi.org/wiki/UserDocs/FirstTimeHowTo