[ubuntu-us-nm] What a morning

DThomas at metrocourt.state.nm.us DThomas at metrocourt.state.nm.us
Tue Apr 15 17:04:00 BST 2008

So I finally felt confidant enough to apply for Ubuntu Membership and
added my name to the list last month. Yesterday like a bolt from the blue
it was announced that a Community Counsel meeting would take place on the
15th at 11:00 UTC that’s 5:00am in good ol’ New Mexico. So with less than
24 hours notice I was able to let my Local LoCo know what was up ( A big
thanks goes to Eric Krieger for alerting me ). This morning I was up
bright and early had my cheering section in attendance ( again thanks to
Eric ,Chris, and to Mike for wishing me well, good friends you all are).
Needless to say I and the other applicants got to be there when the whole
process of how you obtain membership was changed, lucky us. Looks like we
will have to wait till the region we live in has it’s new regional
community council meeting. I personally think that regional Community
Councils are a great idea and as Eric put it this morning Ubuntu is just
experiencing “growing pains” and this type of evolution was bound to
happen, but it sure would have been nice to know before my 4:30am wake up
call.
Ubuntu is growing in leaps and bounds and more people than ever are
applying for membership, LoCo’s are growing too. So the fact that we need
Regional Community Councils and LoCo Community Councils to help us govern
all that is going on is such a good sign I can’t help but feel a real
since of accomplishment.
It just looks like I got to wait a little longer for membership.

David Thomas