[ubuntu-us-nm] Making a WINE app the default

Leif Gregory ldgregory69 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 22:52:25 BST 2008

There were only a few apps I really missed after leaving Windows. Aside
from GSAK, I've gotten pretty much the rest of my GPS apps like
MapSource going under WINE.

The one I really missed the most though was PSPad. Bluefish is nice,
but I just can't make it work with an active FTP server. At any rate,
I've gotten PSPad working completely now under WINE.

I'd like to make it my default text editor for pretty much everything.
I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. I'm guessing I'll
need to do it via a script because none of the WINE apps show up in the
available applications to open files with, and custom command won't
accept the WINE command to run PSPad.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

--
Leif Gregory