Ubuntu-US-NM Mythbuntu 7.10 Released

Ubuntu US-New Mexico Team ubuntu-us-nm at lists.ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 27 15:52:14 BST 2007

In two words "stateless hardware." No sound, no fans or moving
parts...apart from the DVD-ROM, and would consume less power. Also
expense. I originally looked at building a Silent HTPC but the cost
associated with it was more than the $200 for the BTL. I opted to take
some of the money that I would have spend making the HTPC silent and put
it into storage on the MythTV server. With the serverv housed in another
room away from the AV equipment I don't have to worry about sound.

The Koala would make a good Mythtv Frontend box if you could embed
Ubuntu on flash drive, I've read about doing something that in an
article about creating a MPD appliance in March edition of Linux Journal
. Using something like....

http://linitx.com/viewcategory.php?catid=74&pp=74

Again we are back to cost.

Eric