Ubuntu-US-NM Mythbuntu 7.10 Released

Ubuntu US-New Mexico Team ubuntu-us-nm at lists.ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 26 19:08:55 BST 2007

I believe so.  One of the issues that I've tried avoid with my setup was
noise, and heat, from a PC while I watch or listen to my media.  The
only inexpensive way I found was not to have a PC near my A/V equipment.
I'm a bit of an Audiophile so any noise that impedes full audio
immersion would drive me crazy...crazier. =)

I opted to go with a Buffalo Linktheater..

http://www.antonline.com/p_PC-P3LWG-DVD-GA_172939.htm?gclid=CPSyi8uRrY8CFREDWAodlTI6Og

...and stream my media from my MythTV/Home Media Server using Wizd.

http://wizd.sourceforge.net/

If you do pick one do not use the on board wireless it's junk.

To share the media to the BLT via Wizd is easy is just a matter of point
it to your media...here's section of my Wizd conf file.

alias           DVD             /media/dvd
moviealias      Movies          /media/movies
alias           TV_XVID         /media/tv
alias           TV_RAW          /media/raw_tv
musicalias      Music           /home/music
photoalias      Photos          /media/photos

Also the BTL support USB connections so you could connect a USB drive to
it for play back.  Mind you the USB drive has to be formatted as FAT32.

Eric

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 11:50 -0600, Ubuntu US-New Mexico Team wrote:

>         Hi Eric. I have all my movies in DivX. So I want to save them
> on the server and play them from the server. Do you think Mythbuntu is
> good for that purpose???
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
> Best regards,
>
> Igor Dernov

- Eric

Eric J. Krieger
email: unmlobo at gmail.com

Random Quote:

Fry: You gotta help me, Bender. How can I prove I'm human?
Bender: You could drop dead. That'd show 'em.

Fri Oct 26 12:08:27 MDT 2007
#1 SMP Sun Oct 14 23:05:12 GMT 2007 GNU/Linux