Ubuntu-US-NM Fun with Gusty and VMware.

Eric Krieger unmlobo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 11:55:11 BST 2007

Those using VMWare Server may find this backup method handy.   I use it on
my home VMWare server to backup the VM's to a usb drive.

http://www.twobaldgeeks.com/blog/index.php/2007/08/06/vmware-how-do-i-love-thee-let-me-count-the-ways/

Basically the script puts the VM's into suspend so they can be backed up.

Eric

On 10/23/07, w robbi <wlrobbi at gmail.com> wrote:

> -- Might be a repeat for a few of you.  I sent it to NMlug by mistake.
>
> All,
> On Sunday, I installed Gusty on a box and then setup vmware server 1.04.
> For the first time the vmware installed with no hangs and was up and running
> within a few minutes.   The only gotcha I had was that I initially setup for
> NAT and had to rebuild vmmon for bridged mode. All in all Ubuntu Gusty and
> VMware play very nice together.
>
> Wes.

Eric Krieger

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do.
There can be no courage unless you're scared."
                     -Edward Vernon Rickenbacker