Ubuntu-US-NM Mp3 to OGG

DThomas at metrocourt.state.nm.us DThomas at metrocourt.state.nm.us
Mon Oct 15 13:48:35 BST 2007

You know I have allot if my MP3's converted all ready, but I still have a
long way to go before I  have them all done, this little bit of info sure
will help, Thanks again Eric.

Eric Krieger <unmlobo at gmail.com>
Sent by: ubuntu-us-nm-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
10/14/2007 07:31 AM

Ubuntu NM <Ubuntu-us-nm at lists.ubuntu.com>
cc

Subject
Ubuntu-US-NM Mp3 to OGG

OK, I've finally given in and I'm in the process of converting my mp3
music collection to ogg.   My tipping point was that I found that
Banshee will auto convert ogg files to mp3 when syncing music to an
ipod.   So that led me on a quest to write a bash script that would
recursively convert all mp3 files in all sub directories to ogg.  I had
this really nice script created when I found the Ubuntu package
mp32ogg...phrase "D'OH!" came to mind. =)

http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/sound/mp32ogg

I would highly recommend that before using mp32ogg that a VERY good
backup is made of you music collection.  Just in case things don't go as
expected.

- Eric

Eric J. Krieger
email: unmlobo at gmail.com

Random Quote:

"When I travel, nobody knows me...
and I like it that way!"
        -S. King

Sun Oct 14 07:18:25 MDT 2007
#1 SMP Wed Oct 10 06:00:47 GMT 2007 GNU/Linux