Ubuntu-US-NM Comcast and Traffic Shaping

DThomas at metrocourt.state.nm.us DThomas at metrocourt.state.nm.us
Wed Nov 7 22:35:13 GMT 2007

Now that's service!

Eric Krieger <unmlobo at gmail.com>
Sent by: ubuntu-us-nm-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
11/07/2007 03:33 PM
Please respond to
Ubuntu US-New Mexico Team <ubuntu-us-nm at lists.ubuntu.com>

cc

Subject
Re: Ubuntu-US-NM Comcast and Traffic Shaping

On sencond thought...may be I don't want FIOS....

http://consumerist.com/consumer/customer-service/verizon-fios-sets-another-house-on-fire-319480.php

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071023-comcast-shooting-itself-in-the-foot-with-traffic-shaping-explanations.html

>         > >
>         > > I'm thinking of switching to Qwest.  For all the reasons
>         listed in the
>         > > article.  Most esp the bandwidth caps....
>         > >
>         > > Eric
>         > >
>         > >
>         > > - Eric
>         > >
>         > > ----------------------------------------
>         > > Eric J. Krieger
>         > > email: unmlobo at gmail.com
>         > >
>         > >
>         > > Random Quote:
>         > >
>         > > "Were you looking for me?"
>         > >        -Dr. Livingstone
>         > >
>         > > Wed Oct 24 11:02:42 MDT 2007
>         > > 11:02:42 up 2:54, 2 users, load average: 0.10, 0.03, 0.02
>         > > #1 SMP Sun Oct 14 23:05:12 GMT 2007 GNU/Linux
>         > >
>         > > --
>         > > Ubuntu-us-nm mailing list
>         > > Ubuntu-us-nm at lists.ubuntu.com
>         > >

>         > --
>         > Ubuntu-us-nm mailing list
>         > Ubuntu-us-nm at lists.ubuntu.com
>

>         --

> Eric Krieger
>
> "Courage is doing what you're afraid to do.
> There can be no courage unless you're scared."
>                      -Edward Vernon Rickenbacker

- Eric

Eric J. Krieger
email: unmlobo at gmail.com

Random Quote:

"So what's wrong with following
established procedures?"
        -M. Gorbachev

Wed Nov 7 15:32:52 MST 2007
#1 SMP Sun Oct 14 23:05:12 GMT 2007 GNU/Linux