Ubuntu-US-NM Mythbuntu 7.10 Released

Eric Krieger unmlobo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 15:05:23 GMT 2007

As a performance tip I would format the drive or partition that you are
going to store your video files on to XFS. When it comes to large files
XFS is by far better than EXT3 or ReiserFS.

To install the XFS format:

sudo apt-get install xfslibs-dev xfsprogs xfsdump uuid-dev

To format a partition XFS: (mind you don't do this on a drive that has
data you want to keep)

mkfs.xfs /dev/xxx

To mount a XFS partition using fstab....

sudo nano /etc/fstab

make a line that looks like:

/dev/xxx /path/to/mount/ xfs auto 0 0

Eric