Ubuntu-US-NM Intro

Rob Beckett subwolf at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 16:49:30 GMT 2007

Enrique,

Welcome to the list, and to Ubuntu. Utilizing this great O/S for the
community benefit is a great thing, and I hope you have much success
with it.

Re the sound issue, do you have the make/model of your on-board (or
separate) sound card? It could be a specific hardware issue with
Linux, or as simple as some hidden volume control adjustments. The
Ubuntu Wiki can be really helpful here, try
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToSetupSoundCards for starters.

We have an IRC channel on FreeNode (#ubuntu-newmexico), you're welcome
to idle, chat is occasional. :)

Cheers,

Rob Beckett
Santa Cruz Tech

"... Just below my skin, I'm screamin'... "