Ubuntu-US-NM SFD Update

David Thomas dthomas at cableone.net
Sun Aug 19 01:40:53 BST 2007

Here is where were at on the SFD

New Mexico Ubuntu Loco

    * 8/18/2007 Packets almost done all I have left to do is burn he
      rest of the OpenCDs and print the labels.

dvdcase

    * Each packet (dvd case) contains
    * One Open CD disk
    * One Ubuntu 7.04 disk
    * Instructions on how to install the OpenCD and Ubuntu disk (printed
      on both sides)
    * Tri-fold Open Source brochure
    * Ubuntu and Software Freedom Day Stickers
    *

      Ubuntu New Mexico LoCo <http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/LoCo>
      Information card

We had to do something we didn't register in time for any of the fancy
swag.

    * 8/12/2007 Sent an invite to the New Mexico Linux Users Group
    * 8/11/2007 Servers back up. We have 50 packets completed, working
      on the other 50. The good news is the New Mexico Loco is growing,I
      hope as a direct result of SFD.
    * 8/7/2007 - 8/10/2007 Major server downtime for the SFD folks, I
      sure know how that feels
    * 8/6/2007 11:30 MST Well just got a call from the venue and we are
      confirmed! So see you there.
    * 8/6/2007 Last post I said we confirmed the location, well the
      paper work is turned in, but I have no confirmation as of yet, I'm
      99% sure but you never know. However the information packets are
      really shaping up, we have the outside DVD case inserts done, and
      the Open Source tri-fold brochure finished had half of them printed.
    * 8/3/2007 Location confirmed and reserved Rio Rancho Main Library
      time will be 11:00am till 3:00pm
    * 8/2/2007 We have started to create the media packets we plan to
      hand out. The goal is 100 packets. Also confirming the location
      this afternoon.

Directions to the event on September 15th from 11:00am till 3:00pm MST

Directions from Albuquerque

    * From downtown Albuquerque, take I-25 to the Alameda exit and go
      west to the intersection of Alameda and Coors, where Alameda
      becomes Rio Rancho Boulevard (NM 528).
    * Continue on NM 528 up the hill, past the Intel plant.
    * Stay on NM 528 for about 1.2 miles, until you come to the
      intersection for High Resort Boulevard. Make a left on High Resort.
    * Stay on High Resort Boulevard for about 1.6 miles, until you come
      to Broadmoor Drive. Make a right on Broadmoor.
    * Travel about 0.3 miles on Broadmoor to Loma Colorado Drive. Make a
      right on Loma Colorado. The library is about 0.2 miles from the
      Broadmoor intersection, past Rio Rancho High School, on the west
      side of the road.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewMexicoTeam