Ubuntu-US-NM Hello Ubuntu NM.

DThomas at metrocourt.state.nm.us DThomas at metrocourt.state.nm.us
Wed Aug 15 15:36:13 BST 2007

We like all skill levels, sometimes the people just starting out can show
the old timers a thing or two, if you like open source software the Ubuntu
LoCo is sponsoring Software Freedom Day, here is the website with more
information.

http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/teams/northamerica/NM/Albuquerque/NewMexicoUbuntuLoco

E Cardiel <magonista66 at yahoo.com>
Sent by: ubuntu-us-nm-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
08/15/2007 08:23 AM

ubuntu-us-nm at lists.ubuntu.com
cc

Subject
Re: Ubuntu-US-NM Hello Ubuntu NM.

I use Ubuntu part time at home. I don't have control over my work computer
so I'm totally XP during the day. But on the windows at home I'm training
my family to use OpenOffice, GIMP, etc.

So I'm not too active as far knowledge, but I am trying to promote open
source software. Through work we are going to set up a couple of machines
outside our system to use Ubuntu and work with the non-profits we work
with.

Peace,

Enrique Cardiel

DThomas at metrocourt.state.nm.us wrote:

Hello, man am I glad to see some chatter on this mailing list.

"Eric Krieger" <unmlobo at gmail.com>
Sent by: ubuntu-us-nm-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
08/15/2007 05:49 AM

ubuntu-us-nm at lists.ubuntu.com
cc

Subject
Re: Ubuntu-US-NM Hello Ubuntu NM.

Howdy,
    I as well recently joined. At home I'm completely Ubuntu. I haven't
really dabbled into the Ubuntu/linux game server arena but I do use Ubuntu
for my MythTV server.  I've wrote "How to auto transcode MYTHTV recorded
shows to DVD, XVID or DIVX cutting out the commercials....

At work we use Ubuntu for various servers (SMTP Gateway for Spam and Virus
scanning, Network monitoring, Intranet, etc.).  I've recently converted
these servers from physical to virtual running under VMWare ESX with HA
and DRS.

Eric