ubuntu-us-nj Employment Opportunity - Web Developer, Online Publications
Gerald D. Neale
jesran at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 14:05:22 UTC 2012
Web Developer, Online Publications
The candidate is the front-end web developer of an
exciting, ambitious, and multifaceted program of online projects and publishing
initiatives in a high-quality, deadline-driven, and fast-paced environment.
Online Publications include scholarly and academic publications (e.g. Heilbrunn
Timeline of Art History, www.metmuseum.org/toah),
digital resources (e.g. Connections, www.metmuseum.org/connections),
and collection and exhibition catalogues.
The candidate must demonstrate a passion for the arts and museums, combined
with that for the online/networked environment. As part of the Application
ASP.NET (C#), SQL, XML, and Photoshop. The technical skills preferred are FileMaker
Pro, AppleScript, and Sitecore.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
* Work closely with the online publications team to develop, implement, and maintain a successful, thoughtful, and intelligent online publishing program.
* Work closely, creatively, responsibly, and effectively with editors, producers, imagers, designers, collections information managers, database administrators, and back-end web developers on user interfaces and functionality.
* Document and produce flexible templates for high content volume.
* Apply standards and best practices, and promote technical initiatives.
* Ensure proper connection and/or integration with the Museum's content and image asset repositories, and establish publishing routines.
* Demonstrate a passion of the online/networked environment and of industry foresight, and advise on technical development for digital publishing.
* Other related duties
Experience and Skills:
* Preferred experience: electronic publishing or art museum electronic publishing.
* Preferred skills: FileMaker Pro, AppleScript, and Sitecore.
* In addition, the candidate should demonstrate the ability to research and learn new technologies, work independently, collaboratively, creatively, and on multiple projects simultaneously, and have effective communication, organizational, diplomatic, and motivational skills.
* Education: B.A. in computer science or related field.
* Knowledge: Macintosh and Microsoft desktop operating environments.
send cover letter, resume, and salary history to employoppty at metmuseum.org as Word attachments with the position
title in the subject line. You will be contacted if your qualifications are
appropriate for an open position.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ubuntu-us-nj