ubuntu-us-nj SFD Installfest at PACS September 25, 2010

jim fisher jedijf at myfisher.org
Sun Jun 20 00:10:36 BST 2010

The Philadelphia Area Computer Society (PACS) has once again decided
to feature FOSS as it's September Meeting.  http://pacsnet.org/   PACS
boasts over 150 paying members, and as average meeting attendance of
100 enthusiasts.

The September meeting is usually directly on Software Freedom Day.
This year, because of a holiday, it has been moved to September 25th.
That's ok, we can still celebrate SFD(elayed)!!

The PACS Linux SIG will be doing the Main Presentation at this
meeting.  That meeting will focus on trying UBUNTU with Wubi.  (PACS
membership is primarily Windows based.)

The whole day, starting at 8:30 will be themed on FOSS.

The whole day will also be an INSTALLFEST EXTRAVAGANZA.

The LoCo has always helped with these SFD events, and we hope to
continue to get support again.  We want to create an image
server/pusher to make installs super fast.  We want to offer many
different images, to be prepared for many different types of hardware.
 Also want to serve up USB LIVE PERSISTENT images to but on sticks for
people, as well as virtual images for people to use.

All of this will be outlined on a wiki page.  We need your support,
physically and intellectually as we prepare for this event.

PACS also has a MAC contingent, so we really need help with using
UBUNTU on a MAC.

Just wanted to get the notice out, and start getting input.

--
jim fisher
Jedijf

irc freenode  #ubuntu-us-pa