ubuntu-us-nj Geeknic++ Camping Trip: July 10th-12th @ Jenny Jump State Park, NJ

David A. Harding dave at dtrt.org
Fri Jun 19 01:14:04 BST 2009

Hi,

A bunch of people came out to the Philly Freenode Geeknic (picnic) in
May. We had a blast and now we're ready to take the next step up: geek
camping! We scored a beautiful group site with camping, fishing, hiking,
and even an astronomy observatory -- all at a great price of only $10
per person. The only thing we still need is you!

    When: Friday Evening on July 10th to Sunday the 12th around Noon
    Where: Jenny Jump State Park in North New Jersey (details below)
    Cost: $10 per person (kids are free)

Excited? Send an email to me <dave at dtrt.org> or Jonathan
<jonathand at geeknic.org> to make your reservation. Not convinced
yet? Read on.

About the Location:
    Official State Web Page: http://tinyurl.com/22nrsz

    Travel Times by Google:
	from Cherry Hill:   2 hours,  9 minutes
	from Trenton:       1 hour,  39 minutes
	from New Brunswick: 1 hour,  14 minutes
	from Butler:                 58 minutes

    Map by Google:
	http://maps.google.com/?q=Jenny%20Jump%20State%20Park%2C%20NJ%20

Directions and a description of planned activities can be found at the
following official URL:

    http://geeknic.org/?p=47

For those who haven't gone camping, or like me, who haven't gone
camping in a really long time, the event organizers created a list of
stuff to bring:

    http://wiki.geeknic.org/index.php/Geeknic_%2B%2B_Northeastern_US_camping_trip

Don't worry if you don't have all the essentials. In particular, tents
can be rented and car rides to the campsite can be shared. Just let us
know what you need when you make your reservation and we'll help you
figure it out.

The people in Philly are really excited about this and they're coming to
our state, so I'd feel really embarrassed if there weren't a whole bunch
of New Jersey geeks there to show them what it takes to be a real geek.

I'll be there and I hope you will too.

Let me know on- or off-list if you have any questions or register *right
now* by emailing Jonathan <jonathand at geeknic.org> or me <dave at dtrt.org>

(Feel free to repost this announcement anywhere there are geeks.)

Hope to see you there!,

-Dave
--
David A. Harding	    Website:  http://dtrt.org/