ubuntu-us-nj Trenton Computer Festival April 25-26

Ken Hansen n2vip at verizon.net
Mon Apr 13 16:51:06 BST 2009

In my recent Linux presentations I strongly encouraged that folks
dowload the Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference by Keir Thomas (from
memory) it covers everything an interested new user would initially
want, except WUBI and more advanced topics.

As for cd download, there it's not that it's hard, it is that it is
not familiar territory for a lot of people (but not all).

If you've only run OEM installs of Windows or OS X, you likely never
had occasion to burn a .ISO file. You can enter into the process of
training new users to burn a CD-R or you can hand them a live CD-R and
they just need to rebout into the CD.

My view of TCF may be skewed, but I've been attending since the
mid-80's, almost always with a fleamarket space, and attendence is
almost 90% tech folks (aka "know it alls") these days. Non-technical
'curious' attendees are rare, at what, $20 entry fee on Saturday, less
on Sunday.

Not trying to be argumentitive, that is how "I" have seen TCF, YMMV.

Ken