ubuntu-us-nj How to get ubuntu

Brian Stempin brian.stempin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 20:37:36 BST 2008

Hi Dave!

> I've tried twice to get Ubuntu installed, and once had it on my PC.  The
> problem was that it couldn't update a file that it kept trying to update.

Where did you find this error message?  Was this something that an
application communicated through a message box, or was it found some other
place?

  Second problem was that Totem movie player would also not work.  They
> recommended VLC media player be installed, and it also would not work.
> Totem kept trying to run.

I can't really help you inf you don't have an installation of Ubuntu
currently running

Any ideas?  When they ask you to choose the nearest location to download
> from, I'm at a loss.

Are you referring to http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download ? If so, I'd
recommend choosing "United State Johnk Hopkins ACM."  In reality, you could
select any of those options, but selecting the location that is closest to
you will most likely yield a faster download.

HTH,
Brian