ubuntu-us-nj Planning for [...] The BBQ/LAN Party

Jim Fisher jedijf at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 11:43:48 BST 2008

--- On Wed, 7/23/08, David A. Harding <dave at dtrt.org> wrote:

> From: David A. Harding <dave at dtrt.org>
> Subject: Re: ubuntu-us-nj Planning for [...] The BBQ/LAN Party
> Date: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 6:04 AM
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:40:07PM -0400, Bert Hartmann
> wrote:
> > In terms of welcoming strangers, I think
> "suburban Terror" might be a
> > little hard to market.
>
> Ok.  I surrender.  The name is:
>
> 	The New Jersey Ubuntu Local Community's
> 	Summer 2008 Barbecue and LAN Party

When dealing with the public I think we should be as generic as possible.  Everyone can have their own special names in their minds for the event.

Every name, other than a bland reference to the event, will offend someone; and really, whether we agree or not with the offensive nature of the name, we want to include everyone.  That is the spirit of Ubuntu and this LoCo.

I don't know anyone more offensive than myself, but I really love this community thing and wouldn't want to exclude anyone.

Jim