ubuntu-us-nj 98 Bugs Left

David A. Harding dave at dtrt.org
Tue Dec 2 03:31:39 GMT 2008

Bugs done: 2
Bugs left: 98
Bugs enclosed: 9 (5 new)
Days left: 30

### New!
#### Thunderbird Removing Emails from GMail
* <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mozilla-thunderbird/+bug/304213>
* Skills: basic troubleshooting
* Requirements: a spare GMail account, Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex
* Time estimate: 10 minutes to two hours
* Hints: I bet this is a misconfiguration, not a bug.

### KDE Password Change Dialog Prints Error When No Error Exists
* <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase-workspace/+bug/304241>
* Skills: basic troubleshooting, basic source code understanding
* Requirements: Kubuntu Something
* Time estimate: 15 minutes to one hour
* Hints: KDE is probably calling chfn wrong after it calls passwd right

### Update ALSA Device Map
* <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/304206>
* Skills: internet research, minor code editing
* Requirements: basic writing skills
* Time estimate: 15 to 45 minutes
* Hints: Use Google to find the device-to-label map for his hardware and
  provide the correct descriptions to the package maintainer

#### Rhythmbox Not Playing A Podcast
* <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/303817>
* Skills: basic troubleshooting
* Requirements: Ubuntu Hardy Heron
* Time estimate: five to 15 minutes to reproduce
* Hints: See if you can reproduce this bug with a default configuration

#### Get the OpenOffice.org Dictionary to Work
* <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/303819>
* Skills: technical communication, basic troubleshooting
* Requirements: OpenOffice.org
* Time estimate: 15 minutes to two hours
* Hints: I bet this is a misconfiguration, not a bug. See if you can get
  the bug reporter to provide more details and try to solve his problem.

### Sent Sunday, 31 Novemeber 2008
#### gedit Uses EMACS-style Search Key Combo
* <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gedit/+bug/303710>
* Skills: internet searching, documenation reading, basic troubleshooting
* Requirements: Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex
* Time estimate: five to 45 minutes
* Hints: C-s initiates a search in EMACS; there's a chance the user
  activated a emacs-compatability mode in gedit without realizing that
  it would change the save key combo

#### Rhythmbox Should Never Open in Full-screen Mode
* <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/303719>
* Skills: internet research, bug report writing
* Requirements: Ubuntu Intrepid Ibix
* Time estimate: up to two hours
* Hints: Submit a wishlist bug in Rhythmbox's upstream bug tracker
  requesting that rhytmbox never open in full-screen (F11) mode.
  (Check for an existing bug first.) Cross-link with this bug report,
  add a copy of your email to this bug report, and update this
  report's status.

#### Fix CUPS Upgrade Script
* <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups/+bug/303730>
* Skills: debian/ directory hacking, installing and removing packages manually, diffing
* Requirements: Ubuntu Intrepid Ibix, access to Ubuntu Hardy Heron repositories
* Time estimate: 15 minutes to 90 minutes, or one to five hours
* Hints: An easy problem for anyone with experience hacking the debian
  build files or a great problem to learn about those files.  Go back
  and forth between the two versions until you know exactly what's
  broken, fix it, and submit a patch.

#### Icon Needed for Log Out Icon
* <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-applets/+bug/303618>
* Skills: graphics design, internet research
* Requirements: ?
* Time estimate: five minutes to however long it takes to make nice icons
* Hints: Find an icon if it already exists, otherwise check for a GNOME
  icon policy guide and make an icon.  Remember to note that you're
  licensing your icon under the standard GNOME licenses.

FYI: I'm keeping my personal list of bugs for me and bugs I plan on
posting to this list at the following URL:

David A. Harding	    Website:  http://dtrt.org/
1 (609) 997-0765	      Email:  dave at dtrt.org
			Jabber/XMPP:  dharding at jabber.org