ubuntu-us-nj Knowlege Base?

David A. Harding harda at gnuisance.net
Sun Jun 17 13:29:22 BST 2007

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 10:01:18PM -0400, Christopher Ingram wrote:
> LUG members are (likely) speaking to others and trying to convert
> their peers. [...] That will likely mean a lot of the same or similar
> questions.

That sounds like a FAQ.

> [B]ug workarounds should be submitted upstream, [...] but it may be a
> good idea for us to collaborate on solutions
>
> If you like, consider a distributed NJ local computer lab ;)

That sounds like a hackfest.

[Quote below out of order]
> So, would it be a good idea to keep a knowledge base going for these
> types of things?

A knowledge base, if I understand the term correctly, is meant to be a
centralised collection of knowledge relating to a particular topic.  I
don't think we can hope to generate or organise enough knowledge to
become central to the GNU+Linux user's community.

The LoCo and RUSLUG[1] both have wikis and many of us have blogs and
websites, and so I don't see how anyone could have a problem
communicating solutions.

        [1] http://ruslug.rutgers.edu/

> Good? Too much? Not worth the trouble?

I'd enjoy contributing to an advocacy-based FAQ or a hackfest.

-Dave