ubuntu-us-nj Pre-SFD Event Suggestion: How to Help Ubuntu

David A. Harding harda at gnuisance.net
Tue Jul 3 00:24:55 BST 2007

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 05:08:28PM -0400, Christina Eater wrote:
> Also, I very much like the idea of fun events that don't require much
> technical knowledge, barbecue being an excellent example. I'm not
> opposed to learning, but I hate feeling like I'm useless/excluded from
> the team because I'm new to Linux.

You've probably felt useless because we, as a group, failed to use your
skills. I appologise for that, and I think there's a job you can start
doing immediately which doesn't require hacking skills: take charge of
planning our next event.

If you accept, I motion that you be given responsibility for the
following four things:

        1) Choosing what will happen at the pre-SFD event
                (e.x. BBQ, Munch & Learn, or Anti-DRM Protest)
        2) Choosing the venue
                (e.x. Ramada Inn, Jim's Office, or John Doe's Back Yard)
        3) Choosing the date
        4) Arranging food and drink

I don't mean for you to do all the work by yourself, but you should co-
ordinate the discussion about the topic and, when the time comes, make
the decisions that need to be made.

Do you accept?

Are there any objections?

Terranova, as leader, the responsibilty for the event would've
automatically fallen to you. Are you willing to turn responsibility, for
this event only, over to Christina?

Thanks,

-Dave