ubuntu-us-nj Easiest way to reply to a thread in the mailing list?

David A. Harding harda at gnuisance.net
Thu Aug 30 16:48:14 BST 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 10:05:07AM -0400, Joseph Terranova wrote:
> [...] I wanted people to talk on the forums, because you can obviously
> reply to old threads there.

We could add the list to gmane: gmane provides a free (libre and gratis)
web interface (protected from spam) to mailing lists. For example, you
can browse, search, and respond to messages from the old Cherry Hill LUG
(CHLUG) mailing list[*}:

        http://news.gmane.org/gmane.org.user-groups.linux.chlug

As you can see, gmane provides a very forumn-like interface and it
allows grumpy old USENETers like me to continue to use our favourite
email & NNTP clients.

I setup the CHLUG mailing list on gmane and, if you give the word, I'd
be happy to setup the interface for this list as well.

-Dave
--
[*] Um, it seems gmane is presently down for maintaince. Try
    again later.