ubuntu-us-nj Software Freedom Day, ie September's Event

Christina Eater christina.eater at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 07:03:29 BST 2007

Less-than-brilliant event ideas for probably not the 15th:

A knitting bee: get all our available grandmothers (and other
needlework-inclined folks) in one place, and take advantage of the
captive audience (social circle -> networking -> Internet -> Ubuntu!);

A beach party: everyone (almost) likes the shore. Rent a meeting room
walking distance from a nice beach, and advertise it as a
fun-in-the-sun and Ubuntu-in-the-shade-with-the-AC;

A pledge drive: come up with some ridiculous (read: embarrassing)
challenge we'll compete in, and we each recruit at least one friend to
watch--but they have to agree to take a Live CD and try out Ubuntu.

Hey, I never claimed to be brilliant. :D Maybe they'll inspire someone
else, though.

--
Christina