ubuntu-us-nj Getting approved

Peter (Ubuntu List) ubuntu at ourvirtualhome.com
Tue Aug 28 01:54:37 BST 2007

As we are still a new team there are a few things we have to do before
we get approved.
You can read more about this https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingApproved
but these are the four major points:

* Resources - you should have a mailing list set up, IRC channel on
Freenode and have some wiki pages set up on [WWW]
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/. More details on setting these resources up can
be found in LoCoTeamHowto.

* Membership - Do you have members in your group? Are the mailing list
and IRC channel resources active?

* Roadmap - Do you have an idea of what you want to achieve and which
projects the group should work on?

*Experience - What have you done so far? Have you done any advocacy,
translations, exhibitions, support or other activities? We recommend you
have done at least three activities before you apply for approval.

Now I believe we have points 1 and 2 pretty much covered.

I don't know if we have the Roadmap and Experience covered. Heck I only
joined the team a week ago :)
I looked at approved teams and their wiki to get some idea's and I saw
some really cool things. The most important thing I saw was most groups
had had subgroups, like marketing, education etc.

I want ask people to reply here with suggestions for the roadmap. Also
let us know what your personal experiences are and how you think you can
contribute.

I don't want to step on people's toes and if I am I apologize, just let
me know and I'll get of your toes and step aside :)

Thanks
Peter