ubuntu-us-nj Meeting tonight: what are we doing for Software Freedom Day?

David A. Harding harda at gnuisance.net
Wed Aug 1 20:15:52 BST 2007

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 03:06:14PM -0400, Joseph Terranova wrote:
> Meeting at 8:30PM - 9:30PM
> #ubuntu-us-nj @ irc.freenode.net
> Topic: What are we doing for Software Freedom Day?

Log:
	http://gnuisance.net/archives/ul/irc31july2007.html

	preferred location for the table is at the Cherry Hill computer
	show[1].  It is acceptable that the show is two weeks prior to
	Software Freedom Day.  The preferred alternate location for the
	table is at Columbus Farmer's Market on Rt. 206[2].  The
	alternate location, if used, will be staffed on Software Freedom
	Day.

		[1] http://www.tri-statefairs.com/schedule.htm
		[2] http://www.columbusfarmersmarket.com/info_prices.htm

Planned Actions:
        - Terranova will contact Tri-state computer fairs, inquire about
          the price for a table on Sept. 3rd, and inform the mailing
          list of his results.

        - Harding will contact Columbus Farmer's Market, inquire
          about availability of all-weather tables, and inform the
	  mailing list[3] of his results.

        - Discussion about these two locations will occur on the
          mailing list.

Participants (IRC Nicknames):
        christinaeater
        ecorrado
        gQuigs
        harda
        jedijf
        Joe_CoT
        nosrednaekim

End IRC meeting report.

[3] They do have spaces available. The tables do not come with power and
    they asked that we not bring an electrical generator. I didn't ask
    about using pre-charged car batteries on the assumption that ``it is
    easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.''

    Each space comes with one table; we can bring more tables if we need
    it (that seems unlikely). We should bring our own chairs. If we
    reserve a table, we have to be there before 07:30.

    It occurred to me that an all-weather table might be a waste of
    money: if it rains, many fewer people are going to go to the market
    anyway; we might as well not go ourselves. Even if we don't reserve
    an all-weather table, we may be able to get one if we're there at
    07:30; at that time any people who reserved a table, but haven't
    shown up, forfeit their claim.

Cheers,

-Dave