[NH LoCo] hello ubuntu loco team

Joseph Salisbury josephtsalisbury at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 05:33:14 UTC 2012

This is great to see the LoCo starting up again.  My name is Joe Salisbury,
and Im a member of the Ubuntu kernel team.  I live in Brookline, NH.  I
like the idea of having virtual meetings, either on IRC or Skype or even in
a google+ hangout.  I think if we get this going, we'll all be excited to
get together somewhere in the state.  A few years ago we used to have LUG
meetings in Marthas Exchange in Nashua(pre Ubuntu for me).   But what
killed that was everyone having to travel there.  So an online meeting
would work the best and we could have face to face meetings a couple times
a year - maybe for release parties?  Ill join the IRC channel tomorrow.
Sorry for the formatting ... blame it on my phone ;-)
On Feb 5, 2012 10:38 PM, <robotfuel at robotfuel.com> wrote:

> It looks like HB418 passed the house and senate. Has it been signed yet?
 Maybe we can contact the governor and ask him to sign it?

> I know someone who has an ubuntu license plate, I'll get a picture of it
and post it on our Loco's wiki. It would be cool to get a bunch of Ubuntu
"in the wild" photos.

> We need to add the NH Loco to the https://launchpad.net/~locoteams page.
One of the admins can click the link "Add one of my teams" and join the NH
loco to the locoteam. Doing this will add a link to the NH loco on
http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/#North%20America, so people can find us easier.

> Quoting Alan Hood <alan.hood68 at gmail.com>:
>
>> Have not participated in the NH LoCo previously. However, it could be
fun, educational, and productive (i.e., make a difference?).

>> Perhaps we can use a combination of technologies (irc, skype, and
face-to-face)?

>> A topic that the LoCo could take an interest is HB418 (2012)
>> http://www.nhliberty.org/bills/view/2012/HB418
>>  - What does this NH bill mean for schools?
>>  - Will my child be able to submit assignments in an open format?
>>  - Is this an opportunity for the NH LoCo?
>>
>> On a lighter note, my wife and I were amused when she came home the
other day and reported a Mercedes (not ours) with a NH vanity plate that
said 'ubuntu1'. Perhaps it will be fun to capture these sightings of Ubuntu
"in the wild" via photos and display them somewhere/somehow?