[NH LoCo] Running linux without Gnome/KDE

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 11 14:23:43 GMT 2010

I want to run without Gnome or KDE, with just a bare-bones windows manager that can be configured to open up with, say, four terminals running and the ability to tab between them.

I can get to xterm from the Ubuntu logon. Can I involk, say, Fluxbox from there, and will it do what I want?

I've figured out a cool way to run Linux using only screen and terminal-based programs, and I'd like to give it a whirl.

Susan