[NH LoCo] Software Freedom Day '09

Arc Riley arcriley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 15:04:38 BST 2009

So mark you're calendars - Saturday, September 19th.

I've registered a NH team and have started the process to secure a permit
for Pulaski Park for that day from Manchester's Dept of Parks & Rec.

Pulaski Park is:

   - highly visible (Bridge St)
   - may have electricity available (waiting for confirmation)
   - has a partially-fenced basketball court that'd be perfect for tents and
   tables
   - is across the street from a junior highschool
   - smack in the middle of the community network deployment zone.

The Ubuntu LoCo is certainly a major player, we'll be sharing the event with
GNHLUG, the community network, and potentially some commercial vendors of
free software products and services (ie, Dell).

I can handle the permit request, but we're going to need help with press
releases, finding sponsors and event-appropriate vendors, printed material
for the Ubuntu table, a banner (or two), volunteers for staffing the table
and talking to people, and people to record an audio PSA for local radio
stations.