ubuntu-us-ne Happy New Year-2008 Planning

Tue Jan 8 16:50:13 GMT 2008

Hello, sorry I'm late joining in, I've been sick these last few days.

Just to update on what I have done-

I got the two Ubuntu books Dave got me to the Nebraska  Library Commission
and the Lincoln City Library. I just checked, and they are not showing up in
the catalog yet- I'll contact and see why.

I talked to a couple of librarians that said if patrons request books they
usually purchase them. For instance, Omaha has a suggestion form here:
http://forms.omahapubliclibrary.org/forms/suggestatitle.php

The form asks for a patron barcode, so someone with an Omaha library card
has to request it. This would be a great way to get Ubuntu books into the
libraries- we just need to get local people to suggest.

I have a few extra computer parts too- two almost complete computers (I'll
have to check what's missing) some keyboards and mice. I would love to learn
how to get an Edubuntu lab set up. I could do a meeting in Omaha or Lincoln.

Karin Dalziel  ||  http://www.nirak.net  ||  karin at dalziel.org