ubuntu-us-ne Happy New Year-2008 Planning

Shannon ridgid at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 13:15:39 GMT 2008

On 1/6/08, Dave Thacker <dthacker9 at cox.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 06 January 2008 17:08:52 you wrote:

> > 3. I do not have any pet projects to work on . but that might help if
> > we had one.
>
> Any surplus PC's up for grabs in your neighborhood?  We could set up an
> Edubuntu lab.

I have a number of older systems. also have about 70 keyboards, and
about 15 crt's ... would be short on mice however.  hence. hardware
isnt really an issue. nor is time so much. its the social end that I
have no skill at.

> > 4. I would like to learn how to package programs . I have however had
> > a hard time focusing my self on trying to learn.
>
> I'd like to have a packaging fest with a mentor available via irc or in
> person.

ya. if I had someone I could ask to make sure I was doing it right.
that would help get me started

> > I feel that we need to get a true gauge of how many members want to do
> > something. depending on that number try to plan out 2-4 things to do
> > over the year.  planned out in a timeline  ... working on project 1
> > till may... project 2  till October maybe.
> >
> > idea  like setup a booth at 1 fair ... have a computer swap meet.
>
> Hey, how much does it cost to do a booth at a county fair?

I am sure that depends alot on which fair. I am going to see if I can
setup something at the farmers market this year I think. its free for
the farmers... I do however not know if there are any rules about what
people can setup.

Shannon