ubuntu-us-ne Upcoming Events!

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Fri Apr 4 02:44:14 BST 2008

May is shaping  up to be a much busier month for the Nebraska LoCo team.   We
have two events that we are currently planning and promoting.

Hardy Heron Release Party!
Saturday May, 3rd 2008
Setup 11am
Advertised Hours Noon-4
Teardown 4-5pm
UNO Peter Kiewit Center
Rooms to be announced.

We'll hand out CD's, T-Shirts, Case Badges, run demos and answer questions.
We'll need a number of people to provide desktops and laptops running Ubuntu,
Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu and some of the specialty projects (Mythbuntu,
Ubuntu Studio)

Next it's
The Spring 2008 OLUG Installfest!
Saturday, May 17th, from 12 Noon to 6 PM
Volunteers needed to arrive early for setup.
Turning Point, 3223 North 45th Street.
NO SWAP TABLE!

We'll be offering installation and configuration for anyone who wants linux
installed on their PC.   It's always a great time!

I'll have the LoCo wiki page(1) updated by Saturday with spots for volunteers
to sign up and tell us what they are bringing.  If you're going to volunteer
at OLUG, please RSVP at their site. (2)

Please post your questions to the list.  Thanks

Dave Thacker
Admin, Ubuntu Nebraska Local Community Team