ubuntu-us-ne Prep for demo day on January 13th.

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Sat Dec 9 21:45:58 GMT 2006

As we discussed the in our IRC meeting, we would like to hold a demo day in a
public space on Saturday, January 13th.   I need a volunteer to take charge
on organizing this event.   You tell us what to do, and we will do it.
Here's a list of questions that the co-ordinator needs to be able to answer.

Location
      Needs to be public indoor space with pedestrian traffic
         -Library?
         -Bookstore?
         -??????
      Need Power
      Can we get internet?

Hours
      How long?
      Setup Time?
      Teardown Time?

People
      How many?
      How long?

Equipment
      How many systems?
         What are we going to demo?
      Security?
      Who can furnish?

Misc
      We'll need a quantity of OLUG fliers
      Do we hand out CD's?
      Do we hand out anything else?
      Displays?

This is probably a job for one of our Omaha folks, (but I'm willing to travel
to help the Lincoln folks after Installfest).  If you are willing to take it
on, please let the list know in the next few days and create a wiki sub-page
for this event.

Dave Thacker
Admin, Ubuntu Nebraska Local Community Team