[ubuntu-us-nc] Grub2 Difficulties

markthecarp markthecarp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 01:54:49 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Dick Smith <dsmithnc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, guys.  I'm going to save these messages!  Maybe it'll refresh my
> mind the next time.  Seriously though, I think it's time to upgrade so I'll
> get on that first.
>
> And, the burn I have is from a live cd that was shipped with Ubuntu User
> magazine last year sometime.
>
> Dick

Holy Cow! Did you say 386?! It still works!

If you mean an old 386 cpu...well a modern kernel...I don't know.

If you meant x86 as in a 32 bit system of recent vintage I'd say
you're looking at a bad hard drive. If scrub the drive and start over
is an option take it. If that fails well it's likely the hd.

My nickel, bad hard drive.

-mark