[ubuntu-us-nc] Radiotray in Natty

Daniel Caleb nix at tek12.com
Sat Apr 30 22:16:51 UTC 2011

At Saturday, 04-30-2011 on 5:12 pm Dick Smith wrote:
> I installed Radiotray in my Natty installation, it seems to have installed,
> but I cannot seem to find it once I start it.  In Lucid it appears in the
> top panel on the desktop. Perhaps it can't be used in Natty?  I'll be
> struggling with Unity for awhile, I suppose.
>
> Dick

Hey Dick,

I had the same issues with Natty's notification tray... I did this:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/03/how-to-hide-or-show-app-tray-applets-in-ubuntu-11-04/

But you can also install dconf-editor (should be in synaptic or just apt-get install from a terminal), you'll want to expand: Desktop --> Unity --> Panel and then manually edit the systray-whitelist key - follow the syntax for the items already present.

You'll have to log out and log in to see the changes... and as a heads up, some items still don't display properly...

Have a good one...
Daniel