[ubuntu-us-nc] Hello, all.

Kevin Owen fall.from.eden at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 03:31:35 UTC 2011

So, hello. My name is Kevin, and I'm sure that I just met (at least) a
handful of you guys at the Natty release party at the Crunkleton;
unfortunately, both my wife and I had to leave due to prior obligations.

In any case, I just recently found out about this mailing list (and the
IRC channel) despite having known North Carolina had a LoCo group for
almost a year and a half... such is the result of social awkwardness.
So, this is honestly my first experience with being part of a group like
this. Having found out about both, though, I hope to get to know you all
better and, hopefully, be able to help out in some way.

Just as a brief introduction, I've been using Linux (primarily Ubuntu-
or Debian-based distributions) for almost three years now; got started
with Hardy Heron, and that one still holds a bit of a special place to
me. I should also probably mention that while I'm hoping to have a place
in this community, my primary distro at this point is gNewSense (hey,
it's pretty much Ubuntu anyway), though I constantly have the latest
Ubuntu installed on something -- somewhere. I'm sure you can all
relate. :P

As for my interests, most fall under the category of web development and
markup languages. PHP (4 and 5), MySQL, XML (and XHTML), CSS -- your
standards, there -- along with some interest in Python (though I'm not
too great with it), DocBook... SGML-based languages in general, really.
And LaTeX. Can't forget LaTeX. I'm also an avid writer, and have written
numerous short stories. Currently working on a screenplay which probably
won't develop into anything.

But anyway, that's... pretty much me in an extremely small nutshell.
Just thought that I would introduce myself (since I only got a chance to
shake hands with a few of you at the release party), despite the fact
that such doesn't seem to be the norm on this list. I'm a rebel.

So... nice meeting you all. :)

  - Kevin