[ubuntu-us-nc] December wncLUG meeting

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 01:27:58 GMT 2010

Saturday, December 4th, NOON @ the firestorm
cafe<http://www.firestormcafe.com/> downtown
Asheville...

Bill Budington (IRC nick 'legind') will be presenting,
*
*
*Rooting a router: Hacking the dd-wrt embedded linux firmware*
*
*
*"For this month, we will be delving into the basics of the dd-wrt platform:
what it is capable of, how it works, and what customizable firmware
means. We will also be looking at dd-wrt from a security standpoint, how
routers running dd-wrt can be powerful tools in network monitoring and
intrusion detection."*

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

* http://wnclug.ourproject.org/ (for now)

 * as always, any ideas, suggestions or volunteers for presentations are
welcome

* check out our chat channel on freenode @ #wnclug

- i am sending these to other area LUG lists in case someone from one of
those groups is in asheville, and would like to attend or do a presentation
sometime... PLEASE let me know if that is *not* cool... thanks

--

MH
http://www.myspace.com/mikeholstein

http://opensourcemusician.libsyn.com/