[ubuntu-us-nc] Freenode IRC Problems

Zach Gibbens infocop411 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 13:31:04 GMT 2010

sorry, yes should have been more clear on that detail, the way the commands
are written any window pointing at freenode should do
if you need a new window on freenode, on your buddy list, goto Buddies,
click on New Instant Message, the name will be nickserv the account is your
freenode account. the "/msg nickserv" part of the commands are going to do
this as well.

 I hope I cleared up my goof on steps 1 - 3, step 4 can be done using that
same window, the if your nick is foo, then type /nick foo1
& then type /msg nickserv group you can now go back to your usual nick by
entering /nick foo
now would probally be a good moment to check for a email from freenode,
they'll have a verification string to enter into this window we opened in
step one (it might take time, but for all the times I've noticed, it was
fairly quick) after that. feel free to close that window
then in step 6 (we skipped over step 5, it's not for pidgin users) I think
the detail was good enough (if not, lemme know & I'll try to clarify)